GO team members attended the following conferences on behalf of the Getting Online Project:
- One team member attended the strategy development session of the Canadian Consortium of Technology Support Providers for Adult Basic Education (Toronto, February 2008)
- Four team members attended the Distance Education Technology Symposium held by Athabasca University (Edmonton, June 2008)
- Getting Online team members had GO flyers and project information at the booth of Community Literacy of Ontario during the Pan-Canadian Literacy Symposium (Ontario site) of the Council of Ministers of Education Canada (Toronto, April 2008)
- Two GO team members participated in MESH – Canada's Web Conference (Toronto, April 2009)
GO team members made the following presentations on behalf of the GO Project:
- Four team members presented the GO research results at the Distance Education Technology Symposium held by Athabasca University (Edmonton, June 2008). Our presentation is available online at: http://cde.athabascau.ca/DET/2008/presentations/go/go_files/frame.htm.
- Diana Twiss presented the GO research results to the Centre for Family Literacy (Vancouver, April 2008).
- Joanne Kaattari presented on the GO research results, effective online facilitation techniques, and online learning technologies at the Foundations in Family Literacy Leadership Forum (Ottawa, October 2008).
- Joanne Kaattari and Vicki Trottier presented on the GO research results and on Web 2.0 technologies to staff from the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (Online on Centra Symposium, April 2009).
Here is a quote from one of the participants in a GO presentation:
"Thank you for sharing this helpful information about online learning technologies and Web 2.0. I didn't understand how useful these technologies could be to facilitate adult learning. Now I really get it! I can't wait to share this information with my colleagues."