The Getting Online Project has produced valuable resources on online learning, including our Research Report, Promising Practices resource guide and our newsletters. Please click on the links below to access these helpful resources.
A Research Report on Online Learning for Canadian Literacy PractitionersThis ground-breaking research report by the Getting Online Project overviews the trends and issues identified through national research into online learning in Canada. This report was published in October 2008. Topics include:
- Research methodologies and initial findings
- Current methods of delivering online learning
- Successes and innovative approaches to online learning
- Online learning technologies
- Effective techniques for introducing online learning
- Differences between face-to-face and online learning
- Evaluation methods and results for online learning
- Perceptions of the future of online learning
Please click here to access this research report.
Bridging Distance: Promising Practices for Online Learning in the Canadian Literacy Community
This resource guide prepared by the Getting Online Project provides a user-friendly review of some of the most effective tools, technologies and strategies to develop and facilitate online learning. This guide was published in late June 2009. The following chapters are covered in this practical and useful resource guide:
- Being an Online Learner
- Online Facilitation
- Online Content
Please click here to access the Bridging Distance resource guide.
- Newsletter 4: April 2009 (PDF 189 KB)
- Newsletter 3: November 2008 (PDF - 194 KB)
- Newsletter 2: July 2008 (PDF - 200 KB)
- Newsletter 1: December 2007 (PDF - 167 KB)